New PRS Private Stock 6639, Guitar of the Month for November 2016. Introducing the Singlecut McCarty 594, a vintage-inspired instrument that embraces all the benefits of modern manufacturing. “When we were developing the 594, we examined everything: the scale length, the tuners, the bridge materials, the nut material, the pickups, the neck shape...every piece of this instrument was designed to be exactly what we thought it needed to be to add up to the best instrument we could make,” explains Paul Reed Smith. By paying attention to the details and adding Private Stock’s craftsmanship and stunning designs and materials, the November Guitar of the Month looks like nothing you’ve seen before but feels like a guitar you’ve been playing forever. Like its double-cutaway brother, the Singlecut McCarty 594 can seamlessly master rich, authentic, vintage humbucking tones and nuanced, sweet singlecoil sounds.
Some unique appointments for the November Guitar of the Month include paua, mother of pearl, gold and black lip, pink mussel, and black corian “Mosaic” bird inlays on the fingerboard and “Mosaic” Private Stock Eagle with “November” engraved banner on the headstock veneer, mother of pearl side dots, East Indian rosewood binding along the top, Faded Royal Blue Smoked Burst high gloss nitro finish, and 58/15 LT treble and bass pickups.
Only twenty of these instruments will be made for November 2016, commemorating Private Stock’s 20th Anniversary.
The original Guitars of the Month were cased between December 1994 and March 1996. They provided the opportunity to experiment with new ideas and led directly to the creation of the Private Stock program, with the first “official” Private Stock instrument casing on April 19, 1996.
- Model: Singlecut McCarty 594
- Neck wood: Curly maple
- Fingerboard wood: Curly maple with East Indian rosewood binding
- Top wood: Curly maple with East Indian rosewood binding
- Back wood: Swamp Ash
- Headstock Veneer wood: Curly maple with East Indian rosewood binding
- Neck Carve: Pattern vintage
- Side Dots: Mother of pearl
- Color / Stain: Faded Royal Blue Smoked Burst
- Fingerboard inlays: Paua, mother of pearl, gold and black lip mother of pearl, pink mussel and black corian “Mosaic” birds
- Headstock veneer inlays: Paua, mother of pearl, gold and black lip mother of pearl, pink mussel and black corian “Mosaic” Private Stock eagle with a mother of pearl “November” engraved banner
- Finish type: High gloss nitro
- Pickups: Treble: 58/15 LT Bass: 58/15 LT
- Electronics: Two volume, two push-pull tone with 3-way toggle
- Hardware: Nickel PRS 2pc stoptail, phase III locking tuning pegs with set screw East Indian rosewood buttons as well as Swamp Ash backplates and a bone nut
- Set-Up: D’Addario .010
- Case type: Private Stock 20th Anniversary Chenille Solid Fawn
- Specials: Faded Royal Blue Smoked Burst high gloss nitro finish, paua, mother of pearl, gold and black lip mother of pearl, pink mussel and black corian “Mosaic” bird inlays, mother of pearl “November” engraved banner, mother of pearl side dots as well as East Indian rosewood binding along the top, fingerboard and headstock veneer. This guitar is 1 of 20 November “Guitars of the Month” and was built to commemorate the 20th Anniversary of Private Stock.