New PRS Private Stock 6601, Guitar of the Month for October 2016. The Custom 24 is the instrument that started PRS back in 1985, so of course the Guitar of the Month program would not be complete without celebrating this model. Since its introduction, the Custom 24 has been a favorite of internationally-touring artists, gigging musicians, and aspiring players who demand quality, reliability, and versatility. The Custom 24 features PRS’s patented tremolo system, PRS Phase III locking tuners, and dual humbuckers with volume and tone controls and a 5-way blade switch.
Some unique appointments for the Guitar of the Month include a wenge neck with ebony fingerboard, paua heart, green ripple abalone, and mother of pearl Lotus Knot fingerboard inlays, green ripple abalone Private Stock Eagle with mother of pearl outlines and “October” engraved banner on the headstock veneer, mother of pearl side dots, Sage Glow Smoked Burst high gloss nitro finish, and 58/15 LT treble and bass pickups.
Only twenty of these instruments will be made for October 2016, commemorating Private Stock’s 20th Anniversary.
The original Guitars of the Month were cased between December 1994 and March 1996. They provided the opportunity to experiment with new ideas and led directly to the creation of the Private Stock program, with the first “official” Private Stock instrument casing on April 19, 1996.
- Model: Custom 24
- Neck wood: Wenge
- Fingerboard wood: Ebony
- Top wood: Curly maple
- Back wood: African ribbon mahogany
- Headstock Veneer wood: Ebony
- Neck Carve: Pattern regular
- Side Dots: Mother of pearl
- Color / Stain: Sage Glow Smoked Burst
- Fingerboard inlays: Paua heart, green ripple abalone and mother of pearl Lotus Knot inlays
- Headstock veneer inlays: Green ripple abalone Private Stock eagle with a mother of pearl outline and “October” engraved banner
- Finish type: High gloss nitro
- Pickups: Treble: 58/15 LT Bass: 58/15 LT
- Electronics: Volume, tone with 5-way bladeswitch
- Hardware: Gold/nickel PRS Gen 3 tremolo with locking saddles and phase III locking tuning pegs with ebony buttons
- Set-Up: D’Addario .010
- Case type: Private Stock 20th Anniversary Saxon Crimson
- Specials: Sage Glow Smoked Burst high gloss nitro finish, paua heart, green ripple abalone and mother of pearl Lotus Knot inlays, green ripple abalone Private Stock eagle with mother of pearl outlines and “October” engraved banner as well as mother of pearl side dots. This guitar is 1 of 20 October “Guitars of the Month” and was built to commemorate the 20th Anniversary of Private Stock.