New PRS Private Stock #6310 Paul's Guitar in stock. This is one the June Guitar of the Month edition, one of only 5 for US dealers.
Paul’s Guitar has a highly musical tone thanks to a versatile
coil-tap system and 408N pickups. This Private Stock edition features
slightly modified brushstroke bird inlays and Private Stock’s “Strad”
purfling, bringing an exquisite aesthetic to this signature instrument.
“When Private Stock built the first Paul’s Guitar, I knew we had
something special that I would be playing for a long time. I really
liked the newly designed brushstroke birds, and the new single coil
toned 408 pickups. Now I could get with my guitar exactly what I was
shooting for…a big fat sound that was wonderfully clear combined with a
super resonant guitar which I loved.” said Paul Reed Smith.
John Mayer has been spotted playing one of these at recent Dead and Co. shows.
- Model: Paul’s Guitar
- Neck wood: Peruvian mahogany
- Fingerboard wood: African Blackwood
- Top wood: Curly maple
- Back wood: African ribbon mahogany
- Headstock Veneer wood: African Blackwood
- Neck Carve: Pattern
- Side Dots: Mother of pearl
- Color / Stain: Persimmon with Cherry Smoked Burst
- Fingerboard inlays: Gold mother of pearl “modified” Brushstroke birds with mother of pearl, maple and gold mother of pearl “Strad” style purfling
- Headstock veneer inlays: Gold mother of pearl “modified” Brushstroke eagle with a mother of pearl “June” engraved “new” banner as well as mother of pearl, maple and gold mother of pearl “Strad” style purfling
- Finish type: High gloss nitro
- Pickups: Treble: 408 N Bass: 408 N
- Electronics: Volume, tone with 3-way toggle and two mini switches for coil tap
- Hardware: Gold/nickel PRS Gen 3 tremolo with locking saddles, phase III locking tuning pegs with African Blackwood buttons and African ribbon mahogany backplates
- Set-Up: D’Addario .010
- Case type: Private Stock 20th Anniversary Black Comet Tolex
- Specials: Persimmon with Cherry Smoked Burst high gloss nitro finish, gold mother of pearl “modified” Brushstroke birds and eagle with mother of pearl, maple and gold mother of pearl “Strad” style purfling, mother of pearl purfling along the fingerboard, headstock veneer and truss rod cover as well as mother of pearl side dots. This guitar is 1 of 10 June “Guitars of the Month” and was built to commemorate the 20th Anniversary of Private Stock