New PRS McCarty 594 in stock! This one features exotic neck woods, Hormigo neck and Ziricote fretboard.
The McCarty 594 is a vintage-inspired instrument that is at once
incredibly familiar and effortlessly playable. Whether you are looking
for rich, authentic, vintage humbucking tones or nuanced, sweet
singlecoil sounds, the McCarty 594 can seamlessly master both sonic
territories thanks to the 58/15 LT pickups and push/pull coil taps on
the tone controls. The electronics layout, a few key specifications, and
PRS craftsmanship combine in the McCarty 594 to create an instrument
that plays in tune, is intonated the entire length of the neck, and
feels like a guitar that you’ve been playing forever.
A few key specifications that contribute to the McCarty 594’s tone and feel are:
- A 24.594” scale length, just slightly longer than 24.5” and where the model gets its name.
- 58/15 LT pickups. LT, meaning low turns, which give the guitar a warm, clear tone.
- 2 volume and 2 tone controls positioned so players can roll off both volume knobs at the same time.
- The added versatility of push/pull coil taps for each pickup for more tonal options
- A new Pattern Vintage neck carve, which shares the same width
measurements as PRS’s Pattern neck but is slightly thicker front to back
and features an asymmetrical carve with a little less meat on the
treble side and a little more meat on the bass side of the neck.
- Tweaked Phase III tuners that have an added set screw that
pulls the tuner’s shaft, gear, and worm together (but take the tuner
button out of play) to promote tone transfer from the string directly
into the guitar itself with as little energy as possible begin
- Mahogany Body
- 10 Grade Maple Top
- Hormigo Neck
- Pattern Vintage Neck Profile
- Bound Ziricote Fretboard
- Artist Bird Inlays
- PRS 58/15LT Pickups
- 3 Way Toggle Switch
- Push/Pull Coil Taps
- tweaked PRS Phase III Low Mass Locking Tuners
- Nickel Hardware
- PRS 2-Piece Stoptail
- 22 Frets
- Scale Length 24.594"