Martin DC-X2 Macassar
Please contact us if you have questions about this product.
Martin took the DCX1AE MACASSAR and reimagined it. The result is the DC-X2E Macassar. This Dreadnought sized model features a cutaway body with a Sitka spruce top and Macassar pattern high-pressure laminate (HPL) back and sides. New mother-of-pearl pattern inlay on the rosette and fingerboard lend a richness to the DC-X2E Macassar, making it as impressive to look at as it is to play. With a Performing Artist neck, fingerboard, and bridge of select hardwood, the sound transfer of this model has been greatly improved. It is equipped with Fishman® MX electronics and strung with Martin’s Authentic Acoustic Lifespan® 2.0 strings. With a new, soft gig bag featuring headstock, bridge, and endpin protectors, a durable water-repellent exterior, and foam padding, this model is ready to go anywhere.
- BODY SIZE: D-14 Fret Cutaway
- FINISH TOP: Hand-Rubbed
- CONSTRUCTION: Mortise & Tenon Neck Joint
- BRACING PATTERN: X-Brace
- SCALE LENGTH: 25.4"
- BRACE SHAPE: Scalloped
- FINGERBOARD WIDTH AT NUT: 1 3/4''
- TOP MATERIAL: Sitka Spruce
- NECK SHAPE: Performing Artist
- BACK MATERIAL: HPL
- NECK TAPER: High-Performance Taper
- SIDE MATERIAL: HPL
- ELECTRONICS: Fishman® MX
- RECOMMENDED STRINGS: Authentic Acoustic Lifespan® 2.0 Light - 92/8 Phosphor Bronze MA540T