Martin D-28 Bigsby
Please contact us if you have questions about this product.
New Martin Special Edition D-28 Bigsby in stock!
Martin partnered with Gretsch to debut a second Merle Travis inspired model that pays tribute to the artist and the guitar he made famous in the late 1940s. Merle Travis is one of the most important guitar players of all time and is known for his unique playing style that is still known by guitarists as “Travis Picking.” The D-28 Bigsby is built on the foundation of a newly reimagined D-28 (2017) and is crafted with East Indian rosewood and features a maple high-performance taper neck fitted with the Bigsby headstock. The maple neck offers a unique tonal quality that adds sustain and brightness and pairs nicely with the warmth and depth of rosewood. The interior label is numbered and signed by Chris Martin IV and Fred Gretsch.
- BODY SIZE:D-14 Fret
- FINISH TOP:Gloss
- CONSTRUCTION:Dovetail Neck Joint
- BACK & SIDE FINISH:Gloss
- BACK/SIDES: East Indian Rosewood
- NECK: Maple
- BRACING PATTERN:Forward-Shifted X-Brace
- SCALE LENGTH:25.4"
- BRACE SHAPE:Non-Scalloped
- FINGERBOARD WIDTH AT NUT:1 3/4''
- TOP MATERIAL:Sitka Spruce
- NECK SHAPE:Bigsby Style
- BACK MATERIAL:East Indian Rosewood
- NECK TAPER:High-Performance Taper