The Martin 000RS1 Dreadnought Acoustic-Electric Guitar marks the return of
Martin's Road Series, which was originally introduced in 2001, designed
for working and traveling guitarists on a modest budget, who require
their instrument to be durable without giving up the quality of its
The top, back and sides are crafted of solid sapele and
braced for resonance and projection. The 000RS1 neck is built with
multilaminate Stratabond for extra rigidity and durability, and the
belly bridge and fingerboard are made of Richlite that achieves a
similar look to ebony.
This 000RS1 comes equipped with the Fishman
Sonitone sound reinforcement system, which has a preamp mounted in the
soundhole with rotary controls for volume and tone. The Sonitone is
powered by a 9 volt battery and has an end-pin jack.
- Body size: 000-14 fret
- Top: solid sapele
- Rosette: single ring
- Back material: solid sapele
- Side material: solid sapele
- Binding: none
- Neck shape: modified low oval
- Headstock :solid/standard taper
- Scale length: 25.4''
- Fingerboard width at nut: 1-11/16''
- Fingerboard position inlays:
- 1/8'' dots - one @3rd, 5th, 7th, 9th, two @
- 12th, one @ 15th & 17th frets
- Bridge material: black richlite
- Bridge style: belly
- Tuning machines: chrome enclosed w/ small button
- Pickguard: black
- Case: hardshell