New 2019 Gibson 60th Anniversary 1959 Les Paul Reissue in stock!
No specific Gibson model carries more intrigue and gravitas than the 1959 Les Paul Standard. While it became the most iconic guitar in history, it wasn't a successful model when it was released (under 650 were made). But before long it was adopted by some of the world's greatest guitarists -- Jimmy Page, Keith Richards, Eric Clapton, Jeff Beck, Duane Allman, Mike Bloomfield, Billy Gibbons, Joe Perry and Slash to name a few.
The instrument was simply enchanting, from its beautiful figured maple top to its extreme sonic versatility. "It has a deep, powerful sound and you can use it to imitate just about anything – violin, sax, cello, even a sitar," says Jeff Beck.
All these reasons and more made the 1959 Les Paul Standard the most coveted and legendary guitar on the planet, shaping sounds across music genres and generations of players. Gibson Custom Shop's 60th Anniversary 1959 Les Paul Standard is not just a tribute to those priceless original models -- it's a clone of them. From laser-scanned dimensions to chemically-recreated plastics to color-matched shades of sunburst, every element has been rendered in unbelievable detail. It represents the culmination of decades of work by Custom Shop's expert team -- a tireless quest to bring accuracy and authenticity to the hands of fans. It’s the definition of cool, and it's the best representation of the 1959 Les Paul Standard since the Gibson Custom Shop began making Historic Reissues over twenty-five years ago.
- Top Material: 2-Piece Figured Maple, Hide Glue Fit
- Binding Style : 1-Ply Royalite
- Finish: Nitrocellulose VOS (Vintage Patina)
- Neck Material: Solid Mahogany
- Neck Profile: Authentic '59 Medium C-Shape
- Scale Length: 24.75" / 62.865cm
- Fingerboard Material: Bolivian Rosewood, Hide Glue Fit
- Fingerboard Radius - 12" / 304.8mm
- Frets: Historic Medium-Jumbo
- Nut Material: Nylon
- Nut Width: 1.687" / 42.85mm
- End-of-Board Width: 2.24" / 56.89mm
- Inlays: Aged Cellulose Nitrate Trapezoid
- Bridge: No-Wire ABR-1
- Tailpiece: Lightweight Aluminum Stop Bar
- Tuners: Kluson Single Line, Single Ring
- Pick Guard: Laminated Cellulose Acetate Butyrate
- Truss Rod Cover: Authentic Stepped 2-Ply
- Control Knobs: Butyrate Gold Top Hats
- Switch Tip: Amber Catalin
- Switch Washer: Silkscreened Cellulose Acetate Butyrate
- Jack Plate: Laminated Cellulose Acetate Butyrate
- Neck Pickup: Custombucker Alnico III (Unpotted)
- Bridge Pickup: Custombucker Alnico III (Unpotted)
- Controls: CTS 500K Audio Taper Potentiometers, Paper-in-Oil Capacitors
- Strings: .010, .013, .017, .026, .036, .046
- Case: Brown/Pink Lifton Reissue 5-Latch
- Included Accessories: 60th Anniversary Switchplate Medallion (w/ Historic Black Plastic Cover in Case), 60th Anniversary Certificate of Authenticity Booklet, Historic Reissue Hang Tags