Willcutt Guitars and the Fender Custom Shop are very excited to offer the fourth edition of our "Vault" recreations. Continuing in the tradition of the True 62, "Gloria" Tele, and The 63 -- we now present the Blackguard '54 Tele! Our original 1954 Tele (sn 2826) is an early 54 and is the rarest version of the 1954 Tele, which went through various changes throughout that year. As with the Gloria 54, we felt our early 1954 was a very special example, one that was worthy of its own tribute edition.
Features include the lightest Ash bodies available at Fender Custom, as well as Josephina hand wound pickups which are designed and wound to match the tone and vibe of the original 54 pickups. Early 54 body contours, custom Blonde finish, light Relic aging, even the pickguard was recreated to match the original. Each Willcutt Limited 54 has the original serial number, 2826, stamped on the bridge plate like the originals, as well as a Custom Shop serial number on the backplate. This series will be offered with 4 neck carves.
This guitar features a 57 Style Soft "V" neck carve.
- Light Relic Finish Package
- Custom early 54 Blonde finish
- Lightest Available Ash Body
- Rift Sawn Maple Neck
- 57 Style Soft "V" Neck Carve (.850"-.990")
- 9.50" Radius
- sanko 6105 Frets
- Bone Nut
- Custom Shop Josephina Handwound Pickups
- Vintage Style Tuners with Fender Logo
- Vintage Tele Bridge Assembly with 2826 Serial stamp
- Knurled Knobs
- 1-Ply replica Pickguard
- Willcutt Badged Fender Custom Shop Hardshell Case & Certificate of Authenticity
7 lbs. 4 oz.