Fender Custom Shop 1961 Jazz Bass Heavy Relic Aged Olympic White (754)
Originally released in 1960, the Jazz Bass was a robust-sounding, smooth-playing successor to the P Bass®. The 1961 Jazz Bass Heavy Relic is an homage to this iconic instrument, complete with vintage-style concentric knobs, and for the purists—felt mute tips in the case candy. The two-piece alder body is crafted from tone wood selected for its light weight and attractive grain, and wears a Heavy Relic lacquer finish, giving it the look and feel of a well-played vintage model with a long service life. The fast-playing, tinted quartersawn maple neck sports a “ ’60 J Bass U”-shaped profile, along with a modern 9.5”-radius fingerboard and 20 medium-jumbo frets that grant it a familiar feel. Packed with authentic Jazz Bass tone, the pair of Hand-Wound Vintage Jazz Bass pickups growl with pure power.Other features include 4-ply Tortoiseshell pickguard, vintage-style J Bass bridge with threaded steel saddles, vintage-style tuning machines, bone nut and round string tree. Includes deluxe hardshell case, strap and Certificate of Authenticity.
- Heavy Relic Lacquer Finish;
- 2-Piece Select Alder Body;
- Tinted Quartersawn Maple Neck with
- 60 J-Bass U Back-Shape;
- 9.5" Radius;
- 20 Medium Jumbo Frets;
- Hand-Wound VIntage Jazz Bass Pickups;
- Vintage Jazz Bass Controls with Concentric Knobs; 4
- -Ply Tortoiseshell Pickguard;
- Vintage J-Bass Bridge with Threaded Steel Saddles;
- Vintage-Style Tuning Machines;
- Bone Nut;
- Round String Tree;
- Deluxe Hardshell Case; Strap; Certificate of Authenticity.