Introducing the all-new Ernie Ball Music Man StingRay Special. We've reimagined and revoiced one of the most iconic basses in history.
Optimized, modernized, yet so familiar, the new StingRay bass is tailor made for today’s most discerning players. The sculpted neck joint provides uninhibited access to all 22 stainless steel frets a top new roasted maple necks. Enhanced body contours are rounded for more comfort in any playing position while retaining that revered, iconic StingRay shape. The new and improved StingRay electronics feature powerful neodymium magnets, bringing you more output and a wider tonal range. A newly designed 18-volt 3-Band preamp delivers more headroom than traditional 9-volt providing you more power than ever before. Weighing in at an average of only eight pounds, the StingRay is lighter than ever but still packs its signature punch.
- Body Wood: Ash
- Body Finish: High gloss polyester
- Bridge: Vintage Music Man® top loaded chrome plated, steel bridge plate with vintage nickel plated steel saddles
- Scale Length: 34" (86.4 cm)
- Neck Radius: 11" (27.9 cm)
- Headstock Size: Only 8-3/4" (22.2 cm) long
- Frets: 22 - High profile, wide, Stainless Steel
- Neck Width: 1-5/8" (41.3 mm) at nut 2-1/2" (63.5 mm) at last fret
- Neck Wood: Select roasted maple neck
- Fingerboard: Fretted - Rosewood
- Neck Finish: Gunstock oil and hand-rubbed special wax blend
- Neck Colors: Natural with finished headstock
- Tuning Machines: Custom Music Man, lightweight with tapered string posts and ergonomic clover design
- Truss Rod: Adjustable - no component or string removal
- Neck Attachment: 5 bolts - perfect alignment with no shifting; Sculpted neck joint allows smooth access to higher frets
- Electronic Shielding: Chrome or black plated aluminum control cover (dependent on body color)
- Controls: 3-band active preamp with 18 volts of headroom; vol, treble, mid, bass
- Pickups: Standard - Single Humbucking with Neodymium magnet
- Strings: 45w-65w-80w-100w (Super Slinky Bass #2834)
8 lbs. 6 oz.