Ernie Ball Music Man BFR Luke III Willcutt 50th Anni. LTD Roasted Amber
Please contact us if you have questions about this product.
Willcutt Guitars is proud to present a collaboration with Ernie Ball Music Man celebrating Willcutt Guitars' 50th Anniversary! These specially selected instruments feature african mahogany backs, roasted AAAAA quilt maple tops and a Willcutt exclusive Roasted Amber finish.
The Luke III Ball Family Reserve is the next evolution in the design process started with the original Luke model some 22 years prior. Addressing Steve's performance needs as a touring guitarist has been critical in the development of this new edition. The added mahogany tone block, on-board 12db adjustable boost, beautifully figured A++ maple top and roasted birdseye maple neck have refined this new signature edition into an instrument of superior tone and versatility. New for Spring 2017, the Luke3 BFR is now available in an exclusive Tumescent finish & African mahogany body. Each Tumescent guitar comes with a signed backplate from Lukather himself, along with a hand-signed, numbered certificate of authenticity.
- Top Wood: Roasted AAAAA Quilted Maple
- Body Wood: African Mahogany
- Body Finish: High gloss polyester
- Bridge: Standard -Chrome Trem
- Scale Length: 25-1/2" (64.8 cm)
- Neck Radius: 12" (30.5 cm)
- Headstock Size: Only 5-7/8" (14.9 cm) long
- Frets: 22 - Low profile, wide
- Neck Width: 1-5/8" (41.3 mm) at nut, 2-3/16" (55.6 mm) at last fret
- Neck Wood: Select roasted maple neck;
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Fret Markers: Mother of Pearl dots
- Neck Finish: Gunstock oil and hand-rubbed special wax blend
- Tuning Machines: Schaller M6-IND locking
- Truss Rod: Adjustable - no component or string removal
- Neck Attachment: 5 bolts - perfect alignment with no shifting; Sculpted neck joint allows smooth access to higher frets
- Electronic Shielding: Graphite acrylic resin coated body cavity and aluminum lined control cover
- Controls: Custom Music Man® active preamp; push/push volume for gain boost, 500kohm passive tone - .022µF tone capacitor
- Switching: 5-way lever pickup selector
- Pickups: Standard - HH with 2 DiMarzio Transition humbucking;