D'Angelico Excel EXL-1 Natural
Please contact us if you have questions about this product.
John D’Angelico’s original archtop design is legend, and the EXL-1 is its modern-day counterpart. True to the original in every detail and upgraded for 2018, the EXL-1 features a USA-made Seymour Duncan Johnny Smith Floating Mini-Humbucker to maximize the acoustic tone of its commanding 17-inch-wide, 3-inch-deep body. Art Deco-inspired details frame the EXL-1—with a scroll-style neck bevel, mother-of-pearl inlays on an ebony bridge, and split-block inlays on a pau ferro fingerboard.
- Body Style Hollow
- Body Shape Single-Cutaway
- Body Depth 3"
- Body Width 17"
- Top Material Laminated Spruce
- Back Material Laminated Flame Maple
- Side Material Laminated Flame Maple
- Pickup Seymour Duncan Johny Smith Floating Mini-Humbucker
- Scale 25.5"
- Binding 5 Ply
- Pickguard Tortoise Scalini
- Bridge Arched Ebony with Pearl Block
- Hardware Color Gold
- Controls 1 Volume / 1 Tone
- Knobs Mini Hexagon
- Tailpiece D'Angelico Stairstep
- Tuners Grover Super Rotomatic
- Logo Mother of Pearl Excel Shield
- Headstock Veneer Ebony
- Nut Material Bone
- Nut Size 1 11/16"
- Truss Rod Dual Action
- Truss Rod Cover Gold Skyscraper
- Neck Shape C-Shape
- Neck Material 3-Piece Neck Maple/Walnut/Maple
- Fretboard Material Pau Ferro
- Side Position Marker Black Dot
- Inlay Split-Block Mother of Pearl
- Fret Number 22
- Fret Wire Medium Jumbo
- Strings D'Angelico Electrozinc Jazz 12's (12-52)
- Output Jack Switchcraft USA
- Strap Pin Two Gold
- Case Deluxe Hard Case